Sunday 24 October 2010

Notes

thought that it would be useful to upload some of my notes here, I have been working on scenes and coming up with a basic idea for these that will be expanded upon for the final draft of the storyboards. I also intend the final draft to include more detail  within each panel in order to give a good ideas as to what is going on in the scene.



I wanted to keep a record of what areas and other characters may be encountered on board the ship.


A brief run down of the background behind the universe that I have set the comic in, it is a lot more complex although the background or history may not feature at all in the comic, I followed Alan Moore's advice in that the author must know everything about the setting in order to help build a more believable environment. Some of the history may be on offer if the player is willing to look for it and interact with certain items/characters.


A brief summary of how I first thought how to do the intro for the comic, the idea of including the montage has now been dropped as I feel it is not dramatic enough to grab the readers attention and transfix them. I want the reader to be drawn in and have to find out what happened, whats going on and what happens next.


The name of the character may change and the idea has now been built upon but this was the starting point it grew from, the basic story will still be the same but the environments, actions, etc are different.


Again this is where I began from, the idea has been developed further.


i want overlays on the character's vision to be present when events are seen from the main character's perspective, very similar to the computer overlays used in Minority Report.


Another possible intro that has now been dropped for the same reasons noted before. Although it could still be used for some other scene.


The first draft of including flashbacks in the comic and using them as part of the structure.


An idea of how the second part of the comic will play out, obviously this will not be followed exactly but it will be of a similar nature.




I wanted a character selection to be available within the comic where the player decides what path the character will follow, while not all of these will appear in the finished product I plan to develop them so that they could all be eventually made for the application. Some of these ideas have developed as they were thought about and been built upon as seen above.


I thought it would be a good idea to let the player play out the characters being given orders, letting them find out additional information and connect with the character as it will feel as though they are the ones experiancing it.

Bellow are just some ideas for an interactions, that I had thought may prove useful. I didn't have an initial idea of where they could be used but thought it best to keep a note of them incase they can be used.



No comments:

Post a Comment